This position requires an analytically focused individual who can can simplify the complex through numbers and visualizations. In this role, this person will manage the development and maintenance of a suite of reporting functions for both internal and external customers of BlueGrace Logistics. This position interacts with existing clientel, as well as, potential clientel, and is a key asset in supporting these relationships for BlueGrace. Someone who is comfortable with managing large amounts of data and enjoys looking for the “stories” to tell would be an ideal fit for this position. Understanding the audience’s perspective is essential for this individual, as he/she will be providing the tools and dashboards that will assist and equip key decision makers on future events.
Basic Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge Required
- At least 4-5 years of extensive experience in Supply Chain Management
- Analytical thinker with creative tendencies
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and query-based systems
- Possess a sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- High level of proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, most importantly Excel
- Ability to effectively manage a wide variety of tasks simultaneously and often with time conflicting pressures
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and effectively in a team environment
- Experience in creating and publishing reports and/or access to reports on a timely basis
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs, Responds to requests for, service and assistance, Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality, Listens to others without interrupting, Keeps emotions under control.
- Verbal Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, Listens and gets clarification, Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively, Edits work for spelling and grammar, Presents numerical data effectively, Able to read and interpret written information.
- Cost Consciousness - Contributes to profits and revenue.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures, Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time, supports organization's goals and values.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals, Analyzes market and competition, Identifies external threats and opportunities.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions, Exhibits sound and accurate judgment, Supports and explains reasoning for decisions, Includes appropriate people in decision-making process, Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals, Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities, Uses time efficiently, Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner, Reacts well under pressure, Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, Accepts responsibility for own actions
- Follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability - Manages competing demands.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time, Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent, Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction, Takes responsibility for own actions, Keeps commitments, Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity, Meets challenges with resourcefulness, Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Poise – Handles pressure well, Does not react suddenly to adverse changes, Demonstrates confidence and resilience when confronted with challenges.
- Methodological – Approaches situations in a very procedural way, Knows that every action has a reaction, Considers entire flow of a process rather than any single step.