Responsible for testing and evaluating software applications and systems to ensure quality prior to scheduled releases.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and unit test new functionality for enterprise applications.
- Applies software testing practices and procedures to drive quality and testability of products and services.
- Develops software testing requirements, test cases, and test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications.
- Detects and reports software defects
- Analyzes offerings against functional and non-functional requirements
- Creates clearly documented plans, designs and results
- Participates in Scrum meetings and processes.
- Provides input on new product or service features.
- Assist prod support with resolving production issues as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, business or other technical field or proven equivalent related experience required
- Two (2) years of experience in business process analysis, major computer system implementations, IT software testing, and/or major analytical or research studies required
- Knowledge of .NET Framework and DB Principles/Technologies a plus
- XML, XSLT, JSON and API/WEB services experience a plus
- Transportation, logistics and/or 3PL experience a plus
- Experience in Microsoft development products, including but not limited to SQL Server, VSTS and Visual Studio
- Experience with internal BlueGrace systems such as BlueShip, MercuryGate TMS, SalesForce and REMs a plus
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and prioritize work based on the urgency and scope of project.
- Broad technical, analytical and business acumen and structured problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.