This position will serve as the leader of the development team overseeing the development, release and maintenance of the BlueGrace software applications and operating systems according to business needs. The position aligns and envisions product development software enhancements and adjustments to existing modules; manages development project from initial design scope to testing while providing strategic management direction. It will play a critical role in executing the company strategic vision in the delivery of technology projects.
#1 BE CARING OF ALL OTHERS
We value your dreams and believe in paying it forward.
- 5-time winner of the Tampa Bay Business Journal “Best Places to Work” Award
- 2-time winner of the Tiny Pulse “Happiest Company” Award
- Regular contributor to Metropolitan Ministries, Humane Society, and charities nationwide
- Free Beer Fridays, Pie-Eating Contests, BooGrace, and numerous other fun activities
- Learn more about our culture on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter – Follow @CultureBG
Life is already complicated-why not keep it simple?
BlueGrace Facts & Figures
- BlueGrace is one of the fastest growing transportation management services in the US
- Founded with 24 employees in Riverview, Florida, now have over 500 nationwide
- Featured on the Inc. 500 since 2012, as one of the fastest growing companies in America
- Backed by a $255 million private equity investment by Warburg Pincus
- Serving over 10,000 satisfied customers
#3 PURSUE OUTRAGEOUS GOALS
It’s not in our DNA to settle for average or to come in second place.
- Lead software development team providing both technical and operational leadership with best practices and fine-tuning existing practices
- Manage development team budget including hosting and third party spend
- Manage software development to deliver technology solutions in support of business strategy and growth
- Manage team growth through recruiting, motivating and leading the software development talent
- Encourage team development through team building and employee coaching and mentoring
- Continue to evolve the agile process to improve collaboration and technology execution
- Manage developers and the completion of projects, resources, capacity and deadlines
- Manage the daily activities of the development team within a scrum environment
- Develop and implement software development plans ensuring successful delivery of product release
#4 EMBRACE CHAOS
Chaos will happen in life. It’s where all the good stories originate.
- Bachelor’s Degree from 4 year college or technical school or equivalent combined experience in software development, distributed systems and/or change management required
- Five years’ experience with full stack development required
- Four years’ experience leading and guiding teams required
- Experience in agile methodologies required
- Experience in transportation, logistics, 3PLs, a plus
- Experience working with an integrated ERP/TMS (Oracle, SAP etc.) a plus
#5 BE HAPPY, HUMBLE AND HAVE FUN
Choose a work place that values your happiness, health and wants you to succeed.
- We offer a very competitive base pay
- Opportunity for uncapped commission and bonus potential
- Annual vacation days and paid holidays
- Employees can purchase additional health/dental/life/disability/vision insurance
- We offer a matching program for your 401K contributions