Systems Support Analyst
Summary: This position is responsible for providing support for application and system problems, including any incidents disrupting the application service and assists with the analyses of business problems to be solved with automated systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports and resolves production issues and bugs.
- Analyzes business systems and processes to assist programmers in the development of new or modified information systems.
- Provides assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures.
- Assists in writing and maintaining documentation for new or modified business systems.
- Consults with management, employees and customers, to obtain additional information during system development and helps evaluate alternatives.
- Assists in facilitating, tracking and documenting projects and tasks.
- Assists in testing of new system functionality to ensure requirements are met.
- Assists with developing project plans and estimating completion timelines.
- Provides input on new product or service features.
- Develops and creates user stories.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, business or other technical field or proven equivalent related experience required
- Knowledge of software development process; software and/or process documentation; and/or analyzing business requirements required.
- Minimum of 2 years transportation, logistics and/or 3PL experience
- Experience with internal BlueGrace systems such as BlueShip, MercuryGate TMS, SalesForce and REMs a plus
- SQL, XML, XSLT, JSON and API/WEB services experience a plus
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and prioritize work based on the urgency and scope of project.
- Broad technical, analytical and business acumen and structured problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.