Are you looking to jump-start your sales career in the booming transportation and logistics industry? Our Carrier Sales role offers the opportunity to work directly with truckload carriers to build relationships to get our customers’ freight from point A to B.
The Carrier Sales Representative focuses on the fast-paced brokerage aspect of our business, helping customers move their inventory in the most cost-effective way by identifying and providing logistics solutions. As you start your sales career with BlueGrace, you will create and manage your individual portfolio of carrier accounts through constant communication and issue resolution. Carrier Sales Representatives at BlueGrace will have the opportunity to learn the transportation industry in and out, beginning with an extensive training program.
What’s in it for you?
- A base salary plus a lucrative, uncapped commission potential
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Long/Short term disability, life insurance options available
- Profit Sharing Program
- Teladoc Service offered through insurance
- An award-winning culture with unique perks, including Monthly Lunch & Learns, "Thank You” Lunch Provided each Friday, DEI Program and Weekly Sales Trainings
- Career path mapping tied directly to quantifiable metrics and performance
What does a typical day look like?
- Call truckload carrier providers to fulfill commitments made to customers
- Document and communicate offers
- Book loads
- Communicate and act on potential service failures or critical delays
- Develop and manage carrier portfolio of “owned carriers”
- Generate carrier capacity for targeted lanes from BG’s internally built database, as well as other outside sources the Carrier Rep has access to.
- High volume lanes
- Customer commitments and future opportunities
- Problem lanes
- Niche markets
- Manage new carrier set up in system
- Identify and channel market and capacity trends when applicable
- Assist in developing and updating regional pricing
What are we seeking?
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and a sales drive
- Thrive in a high demand environment with goals
- Money Motivated
- Previous sales or carrier sales experience preferred, but not required
- Possess strong phone and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills over the phone, through written communication, and in person
- Ability to set and manage multiple priorities