The BlueGrace Logistics Carrier Sales Internship Program offers the opportunity to gain hands-on industry experience in the fast-paced brokerage aspect of our business by helping our customers move their freight in the most cost-effective way possible.
Interns will create and maintain an individual book of business by developing relationships with various carrier companies, negotiating rates based on market trends and resolving issues over the course of this internship program.
- Prospecting leads, tracking assigned loads, and sell to our carrier partners
- Call carrier providers to fulfill commitments made to the customers
- Use discretion to determine when to bring options above the notated Carrier Buy Rates to service our existing clients
- Communicate and act on potential service failures or critical delays
- Obtain proper paperwork where applicable
- Develop and manage carrier portfolio of “owned carriers”
- Anticipated graduation by Spring 2024
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and a desire to pursue a career in sales
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills over the phone, through written communication, and in person
- Ability to set and manage multiple priorities