The primary responsibility of a Sales Operations Representative is to support our sales rep by reducing their time spend on maintaining existing customers. The overarching goal is to free up sales reps so they can spend available time securing new business. A typical day includes quoting, booking, editing, tracking, pricing bids, and filling in as the point of contact for unavailable sales reps.
What's in it for you?
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Long/Short term disability, life insurance options available
- Profit Sharing Program
- Teladoc Service offered through insurance
- An award-winning culture with unique perks, including Monthly Lunch & Learns, "Thank You” Lunch Provided each Friday, DEI Program and Weekly Sales Trainings
What does a typical day look like?
- Serving inbound customer requests
- Communicating with carriers on behalf of our customers
- Answering phones and responding to emails
- Document collection
- Quoting requests for customers and sales reps
- Pro-actively following up with concerned customers
- Identify the best transit solution based on the specific shipment requirements
- Relate to and build rapport with customers
- Data entry on pricing bids
- Handling sales functions in place of unavailable sales reps
- Building and editing shipments within our Transportation Management System
What are we seeking?
- Strongly prefer a minimum of 6 months Transportation Experience
- Superior Customer Service skills including the ability to recognize the needs of the customer and effectively address those needs through active communication
- CRM or TMS system experience is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to calculate percentages, formulas and use spatial reasoning
- Working knowledge of excel is preferred