The Senior Financial Analysts work closely with business stakeholders and senior leadership across the organization. Senior Analysts are able to plan a project/data request from beginning to end, providing valuable insight to business leaders. Analysts are responsible for accurately reporting monthly financial and operating results, sales channel commission, and financial statement and cashflow forecasts. Analysts assist with the annual budgeting and strategic planning processes. Analysis is completed by means of business intelligence, financial reporting, and general analysis. Analysts help organize, maintain, develop, and enhance all reporting, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and data related work items.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Complete projects efficiently in accordance with FP&A quality standards.
- Analyze operational and financial variances and effectively communicate trends and implications.
- Participate in monthly presentation of Financial Statement to the CFO for approval.
- Provide proactive analysis and subsequent recommendations identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with internal and external business stakeholders to understand, analyze & evaluate business requirements.
- Engineer new reports that improve efficiency and drive value to the bottom line.
- Facilitate requirement gathering, engaging both business and technical stakeholders.
- Gather, organize, and make sense of disparate data sets.
- Prepare high quality analysis, communications and presentations; present work in a clear and compelling way.
- Perform reconciliation of data sources to ensure accuracy of all FP&A reporting.
- Mentor and train new financial analysts; assist with prioritizing deliverables.
- Interact and communicate with all levels of management and be an integral team member.
- Create ad-hoc analyses that help drive business strategy and improve efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or other related discipline
- Advanced Excel knowledge required including the ability to perform advanced functions and spreadsheet design
- 2-5 years of experience in FP& A, analytical modeling and/or operations planning
- 2-5 years of experience working with Tableau Desktop/Tableau Online, Power BI or other Data Visualization software
- 2 – 5 years of preparing presentations using PowerPoint
- High level of proficiency in MS Office
- Strong analytical thinking, problem-solving and data manipulation skills are required
- In depth understanding of financial statements; including income statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high quality of work
- Ability to facilitate meetings amongst stakeholders to coordinate projects
- Must be flexible, team-oriented and show initiative and curiosity
- Must be able to manage many projects simultaneously, prioritize workload appropriately and function independently.