This position is on-site for us at a Customer location.
Are you a problem solver with a passion for tackling the complex issues that the transportation and logistics sector often brings? Join our Managed Logistics Team and find purpose in the day-to-day practices of getting our customer’s freight from point A to B.
The Logistics Operations Planner (LOP) services our Managed Logistics customers by providing superior day to day support while leveraging service and industry knowledge to ensure service level commitments meet customer expectations. In this role, you’ll execute on the frontline service that BlueGrace provides, therefore getting finished goods to store shelves, raw materials to manufacturers, medical equipment to hospitals, and more! The LOP must work proactively with the Operations Manager to reduce or prevent reoccurring delays or service failures. The typical day to day services include booking, editing, tracking, documentation, reporting, and pickup confirmation.
What does a typical day look like?
- Answering inquiries from carriers, clients, and/or customers
- Mode Optimization
- Investigation and resolution of issues submitted by customers, carriers and/or suppliers
- Acting as a liaison between operations, carriers, and customers
- Daily interaction with internal staff, carriers, and customer personnel is required
- Prioritize workload based on collaboration with Operations Manager and Logistics Performance Director
- Savings identification
- Documentation of issues (carrier, supplier, customer)
- Relationship building with customer contacts, carriers and suppliers
- Creation of standard work instructions (SWI) and process improvement identification
- Practice continuous business improvements by reviewing procedures and work habits; Implement steps to lower cost while increasing performance
What are we seeking?
- Degree in Logistics or related field and/or 1+ years’ experience in logistics, transportation or related field
- LTL experience is required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with Transportation Management Systems (TMS) is preferred
- Effectively express ideas orally or in writing as required to perform the job and ability to proactively communicate with individuals at all levels
- Work collaboratively with members of his/her team and establish/maintain effective working relationships when dealing with managers, supervisors, or co-workers
- Ability to think outside the box and look for solutions
- Must have a demonstrated ability in process improvement
What’s in it for you?
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Long/Short term disability, life insurance options available
- Teladoc Service offered through insurance
- An award-winning culture with unique perks, including Monthly Lunch & Learns, access to our Learning Management System, monthly employee engagement days