Primary responsibility is to enter, retrieve, and process carrier invoices, thereby initiating the carrier payable and customer receivable processes. Also monitors the importing of invoices to the billing system.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Reviews carrier invoice information before entry into the billing systems in BlueShip and TMS.
- Communicates with carriers and customers via phone or e-mail to resolve invoice related issues. Example: correcting reference numbers or image types.
- Monitors completion of additional bills to be imported though communication to Sales teams.
- Monitors and clears assigned work queues.
- Assists in the completion, accuracy, and distribution of invoices company wide.
- Provides support, feedback, and guidance to Audit and Credit & Billing teams as it pertains to the importing process.
- Ensures invoices are billed accurately in a timely manner by proactively determining and resolving delays.
- Investigates potential import errors.
- Communicates import errors to IT and/or Credit & Billing
- Creates SOPs to outline processes within the department.
- Minimum high school diploma required. Some college preferred.
- Related transportation and/or billing experience is preferred.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, technical procedures, or company memos.
- Follows policies and procedures; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, volume and density.
- Proficient in internet software, and Microsoft Word, Outlook, and strong Excel ability.